Saturday, September 04, 2004

2nd round of allotment

Today I went to Lonavala to bring back Pranav for attending counselling session of the 2nd round for admission to Govt. engg. colleges in Mumbai.

I see that Pranav is very very happy there in the SIT campus....and he felt that whether he gets admission in the Govt engg colleges in Mumbai or not he will still be in Win-Win situation; if he gets admission in Govt engg colleges in Mumbai it will be a gret honour attending those colleges; if he doesn't he would still be happy -because he would stay back at SIT-a great campus.

By the time we were back to Mumbai it was past 9.30 pm.We went to the DTE website and learned that all the vaccancies at Mumbai were filled in by the 3rd Sept. I felt so much dejected. Many times it happened ,when we felt that we have come closer (to a target) still we were eluded.There could be vaccancy at Pune Engg college, but then I felt so much dejected and exhausted that I declared to Pranav that we need not go for counselling and he is now free to attend his regular classes on Saturday at SIT and that I can drop him at Lonavala; or since he has come to Mumbai for the first time after going to Lonavala he can choose do spend his time as he think fit.

Pranav's mother is infact happy that he will continue at SIT . She feels that we should not tempt him with the lure of better or best colleges at this moment as he is likely to get confused and then when he is being offered a better college he will not be able to say no and probably join that college but then he may not be able to concentrate. Instead,she is of the opinion that we should not talk about taking admission in yet another better college and instead stick to this college-SIT as he is more than comfortable here.She is right, I think.

So much dejected I went to bed, I know I should not have felt so much as all this possibility of getting admission came up as something new and new hopes were created but here Pranav had already secured admission to one of the best campuses and he is happy here.

So, I also decided to maintain status quo.

No comments: