Thursday, December 15, 2005

ADSL on 2567xxxx a.k.a.MTNL & Tri-Band

This is further to my earlier blog at : http://prashantkoli.blogspot.com/2005/10/mtnl-and-tri-band.html


I visited MTNL exchange at Mulund(West),on 16th Nov2005, to see progress in my ADSL connecttion for my 2567xxxx telephone no.


As usual I was made to go to 2-3 personnels before directed to a correct one. I landed at one personnel and I saw Mr.Vaidyanathan sitting there. Mr Vaidyanathan, this time, however, told his boss upfront that there was some line problem with my 2567xxxx telephone number.He took me to one of the room, asked me to wait outside the room and came back with sort of a printout which showed only 52-55% connectivity between the exchange and my line.I asked him whether this was due to [possible] poor concealed telephone wiring in my house to which the gentemen replied in negative.I was told that the 2567 exchange is a very old and this problem will be solved once my number is upgraded to new 2563 exchange; but that may take another six months.


One thing was clear here that MTNL had problem with their old exchange; all the time they were blaming for internal home telephone wiring.Now they had proved that they were playing "passing on the buck" game.


I told them that I have another telephone beginning with 2562 Mr.Vaidyanathan offered to check connectivity for that number.We went a floor down and again he came out with a printout saying that my 2562 line was getting a 100% connectivity.I was advised to cancel my ADSL connection for 2567 line and apply for ADSL on 2562 line.I did that thinking that now atleast ADSL connection on my 2562 line will start in few days...but as usual things are not so straight here, at least at MTNL...Keep on reading.....

No comments: