Friday, October 07, 2005

MTNL and Tri-Band

MTNL and Tri-Band

Ever since MTNL announced their ADSL Internet service I was longing to have their connection. And when they announced Tri-Band offer under DSL-NU plan I booked one on 5th July,2005.

Since then they were at their best…in their age old game of not offering service to their clients . To begin with, after having booked a connection on my existing phone line, I was told that they will start the service in another 10 days. After about 15 days their personnel came and put up an ADSL modem and went back saying that they will start connection in two days…number of calls after two days and their technical personnel arrived and checked the connection only to announce that the line was not stable and it may need some sort of tweaking…

...he goes and a call comes from MTNL declaring that there is a “Cable fault” and the fault will be rectified when the whole bunch of cable fault complaints in my locality is attended….few calls after a week and I get a reply that “don’t you know that there was a flood-like situation in Mumbai and water has sipped into the cables…we will be able to correct the fault only once the water is dried up…”

…The Mumbai rains has helped MTNL to shun from responsibility towards their customers… it rained again throughout the Gaesh Utsav and even during the last week of September 2005…

…come 30th September, 2005 and I get a call from their Exchange enquiring about Tri-band…only to be amazed to know that my Tri-band connection was never established… I was promised a visit by their engineer on the same day…I realised that local MTNL exchange have to send a quarterly compliance report by 30th September and hence the call to me…again a long wait for us (by deferring all work that day)…

… next day, the 1st Oct. , at 11 A.M. I got a call again and the so called technical personnel promised to come by noon…the person arrives just 15 min short of 6 in the evening…probably their closure time..he makes few calls, here and there, only to tell me that cable lines in my locality are not good enough to handle broadband connection…he calls up again someone in their (sub)local office and asks the other person to look into the matter by replacing the pair of cable with a good available pair…and there was again a promise of starting a tri-band on Monday, the 3rd Oct….my son who had arrived earlier on Saturday night from his campus continued to stay back at home on Monday, just to see how fast the Tri-band works (as these are the kids who are more interested in having a faster connection…obviously for downloading) only to be disappointed later in not seeing the light at the tunnel…pity scene,uh?...

…till date, 6th October,2005,after three months MTNLs adbill is burgeoning in tall claims only at the expense of not delivering the promises …

…you may say what happened to their Compliance Report dt. 30th Sept or 1st Oct. ?...I am sure that my grievance was attended to …at least in their report…

…after all “Raat gayi, Baat gayi…”

No comments: