Wednesday, October 05, 2005

...how best a notebook can be put to use?

.....Something......

..well, few hours back I wrote a blog after a very long period...after seven months.....then decided that I shall try to scrib on something at least once a day....that time I was at my office...having done a night shift duty and was on my back to home in our office vehicle....and I had many ideas in my mind then....back home and after having spent few hours....definitely not more than 4 hrs...I do not remember what were those things about which I wanted to write...afterall now I am 45 and forgetfulness is the order of day for me,it appears...

...one of the thing that I wonder, these days, is what to do with this IBM Thinkpad that I bought a month ago?....actually, I wanted to go for an HP/Compaq Celeron, which is available for something equivalent to US$700 as it has nice features for general purpose like firewire port,6 in 1 card reader,S-video output etc.....however, when I asked my son, who is doing his 2nd year Bachelors' degree in engg., which one I should go in for he suggested or rather insisted on buying a Centrino....and that's how I got this IBM for US$1000...

...I think I am digressing....the point is what should I do with this notebook?....basically, I thought of learning,seriously, Technical Analysis that can be used for buying/selling common stocks...with notebook I thought of pondering on charting software while commuting to and fro office which is 1 and half hour one side...

...however, by god, I have not started using any charting software in that way...I still do not have updated data to be able to use for the charting software....and first of all I will need to read thouroughly a good book on Technical Analysis....

...secondly, carrying the notebook to office seems to be not-so-worthy a proposition...for unnecessarily being admonished by my colleagues...

...having said that, I wonder what are the things that can be done using this notebook...I mean all the time I am repenting my decision of purchasing the notebook...I always have this feeling that my wife may be (secretly) cursing me for spending $1000 (I am sure I may be more than 100% wrong as she doesn't mind spending anything for me)....which is a lot of money in India....

...I asked this question to my son also...what to do with this notebook?...I asked him to take it with him to his college (he is 100 km away from home and stays in a hostel) but he doesn't like a notebbok as he likes to play games only...

...if there is any reader to this blog and he/she is kind enough to let me know what should I do with this notebook....I mean, how best I can use it....I shall be thankful for his/her suggestion(s) ...

-Prashant

No comments: